[Solved] Issues with Root Folder

Having any issues installing YAMS? This is the place to ask!
plinkum
Great Britain

[Solved] Issues with Root Folder

Post by plinkum »

Hi,

I'm new to Linux in general, but was pleased to find Yams, and initially, I got it working great. I had to shut down the server one night and when I brought it back up, all looked normal at first, but the next day it stopped downloading files through qBittorrent and started behaving very temperamental. I spent some time investigating and realised that the root directories in Radarr and Sonarr were full. I couldn't understand why, as I only had downloaded about 1TB of files and I have it connected to a USB DAS with a logical volume of 32TB. What I then realised was that for some reason both Radarr and Sonarr had begun saving their files into a /movies/ and /tv/ folder on my OS partition which is only 100GB.

I did not make these changes, and after a full reinstall of Ubuntu server 22.04 (multiple times) the same thing happens. I get Yams set up properly with the Root folder properly saving to the USB DAS, but as soon as the server is shut down or I reboot, when it comes back up again, the root folders have changed to saving into the 100GB OS drive.

I thought there may have been an issue with the USB DAS not starting up quickly enough and docker then starting all the containers before the storage was ready. So I did a bit of searching and found a way to delay docker starting by adding:

Code: Select all

[Unit]
RequiresMountsFor=/mnt/my-usb-das

to the docker.service file. Unfortunately, this has not helped and when I go into Radarr or Sonarr, both still have the Root folder set as /movies/ or /tv/, but they only have 77.9GB of free space.

If I remove the root folder and try and add /movies/ again, it adds, but it still only has 77.9GB of free space, which means it isn't adding the proper root folder.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a complete novice at Ubuntu and Docker, etc. so this is about the extent of my ability to troubleshoot. I would appreciate it if anyone could offer some suggestions on things to try or to look for that may help me get this up and running again.

Thanks.

rogs
Site Admin
Uruguay

Re: Issues with Root Folder

Post by rogs »

Hey @plinkum!

You have nailed the debugging! As a matter of fact, I also face this issue on my YAMS install. I was looking trough solutions, but found that the easiest one is just to restart YAMS 30 seconds after the computer starts :mrgreen:

Add this to your cronjob:

Code: Select all

@reboot sleep 30 && /usr/bin/docker restart $(/usr/bin/docker ps -q)

That should fix your issue.

YAMS Creator

E: roger (at) rogs.me. Fuck you, email bots.
W: https://rogs.me
gpg: curl -sL https://rogs.me/rogs.txt | gpg --import
fingerprint: ADDF BCB7 8B86 8D93 FC4E 3224 C7EC E9C6 C36E C2E6

Also, I love cats :mrgreen:

Pirate jet, pirate jet
plinkum
Great Britain

Post by plinkum »

Thanks for your solution! It helped in part - I hadn't correctly set up my /etc/fstab folder so the mount wasn't mounting on reboot, hence it defaulted to saving to the OS drive. I have added your cronjob and tested and all appears to be working.

rogs
Site Admin
Uruguay

Post by rogs »

Oh, I thought you had your fstab figured out. Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! I'm marking the issue as solved.

YAMS Creator

E: roger (at) rogs.me. Fuck you, email bots.
W: https://rogs.me
gpg: curl -sL https://rogs.me/rogs.txt | gpg --import
fingerprint: ADDF BCB7 8B86 8D93 FC4E 3224 C7EC E9C6 C36E C2E6

Also, I love cats :mrgreen:

Pirate jet, pirate jet