Plex unavailable after server restart

Questions about Plex.
tdog
Belgium

Plex unavailable after server restart

Post by tdog »

First of all thank you for setting this up. I've been toying around with dockstarter but with no linux background it ended pretty quickly for me (at the first error). So this was a huge timesaver for me.

Now I had shut down my computer (server) a couple of times after I had successfully set up the server. After I noticed that my Plex server was not available anymore. I couldn't see an IP or port mentioned either in Portainer. Not sure if this is expected behavior as qBittorrent also did not have these and it was working fine. In fact all services were working fine besides Plex. So ultimately I had to uninstall and reinstall Plex which did the trick for me and all is working again.

Ever since I've kept it suspended since power consumption is pretty expensive here. Do you think shutting down the server could have lead to Plex not working anymore or is that not expected behavior?

rogs
Site Admin
Uruguay

Re: Plex unavailable after server restart

Post by rogs »

Hey @tdog!

This is not expected behavior... Can you inspect the logs and see if they mark any errors?

Another thing you can try is to see if the Plex container is running after a restart.

Let me know so I can continue troubleshooting with you.

Cheers!

Roger.

YAMS Creator

E: roger (at) rogs.me. Fuck you, email bots.
W: https://rogs.me
gpg: curl -sL https://rogs.me/rogs.txt | gpg --import
fingerprint: ADDF BCB7 8B86 8D93 FC4E 3224 C7EC E9C6 C36E C2E6

Also, I love cats :mrgreen:

Pirate jet, pirate jet
tdog
Belgium

Re: Plex unavailable after server restart

Post by tdog »

After setting Plex up again, it seems like it's fixed. I've restarted it a couple of times and it doesn't happen anymore. Thanks for your reply in either case.