Unable to connect internet and search / DNS Issue?

Having any issues installing YAMS? This is the place to ask!
adam81
United States of America

Unable to connect internet and search / DNS Issue?

Post by adam81 »

Hi,

So, I've got YAMS installed (great piece of work by the way). I think all of the containers are talking to each other correctly, but I opted to NOT use the gluetun VPN connection. I actually had it working somehow with this configuration before in a prvios iteration, but now for some reason I am unable to even perform searches for movies or tv shows, and nothing is connecting in qbittorrent. My suspicion is that it's an issue with DNS, but I don't know where to go to confirm this and check or change. Does all traffic still run through gluetun, even though I am not using the VPN? I tried seeting the dns to cloudflare ips in that container, but that didn't do the trick.

I have no idea what else I'm missing or where to look, and I'd rather not reinstall if it can be avoided. Do you guys have any ideas as to what the problem may be, or where I should look to try and straighten this out?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

-A B

EDIT: By tbe way, I forgot to mention that the gluetun container is clearly not starting up all of the way properly. It's running, but reports as "unhealthy" in Portainer, and does not hold on to an IP address on the yams_default network.

rogs
Site Admin
Uruguay

Re: Unable to connect internet and search / DNS Issue?

Post by rogs »

Hey @adam81!

Can you share your docker-compose config in a pastebin? Also, did you edit something manually in Portainer?

Cheers!

Roger.

YAMS Creator

E: roger (at) rogs.me. Fuck you, email bots.
W: https://rogs.me
gpg: curl -sL https://rogs.me/rogs.txt | gpg --import
fingerprint: ADDF BCB7 8B86 8D93 FC4E 3224 C7EC E9C6 C36E C2E6

Also, I love cats :mrgreen:

Pirate jet, pirate jet